ASELSAN is a company of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, established in 1975 in order to meet the communication needs of the Turkish Armed Forces by national means. Currently 74.20% of the shares are owned by the Foundation whereas the remaining 25.7% runs in Istanbul Borsa stock market. ASELSAN is active in the following fields: communication systems, satellite systems, IT & cyber security, avionic systems, electro-optic, guidance & unmanned systems, radar and electronic warfare systems, microwave products, air & missile defense systems, land & weapon systems, C4ISR, naval systems, security, transportation, energy and traffic systems. ASELSAN carries out its activities over 6500 employees, of which 3800 are solely assigned on R&D projects.
ASELSAN sustains its competitiveness in the international arena, with its export to 63 countries and active participation in NATO joint research/development and production programs.
Registered Name : ASELSAN Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
Founded in: 1975
Turnover (2017) : 1,430.- Million USD
ASELSAN operates under five business sectors;
- Communication & Information Technologies Business Sector,
- Microelectronics, Guidance & Electro-Optics Business Sector,
- Radar & Electronic Warfare Systems Business Sector,
- Defense Systems Technologies Business Sector,
- Transportation, Security, Energy & Automation Systems Business Sector